2.23.2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm so thankful for a super thoughtful text message and e-mail from a good friend yesterday. Her kind words cheered me up much more than any chocolate could!

I'm thankful Kael learned how to reach up and grab this thing at his school playground. He was sooo proud of himself!

I'm thankful for really positive feedback after our open house on Sunday. 

I'm thankful that there was no school on Monday and that the kids' friends got to come over and play.  Kael and Kylee had been counting down the days as he was soooo excited to hang with Ashley and Brooke! These are girls that I used to babysit but have grown up and now stay home after school instead of coming to my house. It was good to see them.

I'm thankful I've found the.perfect.house for us to move to.  Not so thankful it's much much much more money than we wanted to spend. ;)

I'm thankful I lasted this long before turning into a bad pregnant person. You guys, I was good for the majority of my pregnancy (and the previous two). I tried to eat healthier. I walked, did prenatal yoga, took my vitamins religiously. Well, not now. Last night I had Goldfish crackers for supper. I really did. I made a perfectly healthful meal for the fam, watched them eat it, then when the kids went to bed I ate a few handfuls of Goldfish. Blah. Food just hasn't sounded good at all lately! Minus the time last week when I went out for lunch with a girlfriend and told her I had no appetite then promptly ordered a wrap AND fries (I haven't ordered fries at a restaurant in like forever) and proceeded to eat every last bite. :) Also I went four days without any form of exercise. Ugghh. Worst of all I am somehow having an extreme aversion to maternity clothes. Like, I'm just done with them. I'm bored of all of them and refuse to buy more for the remaining nine weeks. So what exactly do I cover my big belly with these days, you ask? Mostly sweats. (If you're picturing me in Kent's old baseball sweats or a pair of Hanes sweats from Wal-Mart, fear not- it's not that bad yet!) So I just wear maternity jeans (because that's not even an option) with one of the tops from my jogging outfits or a hooded sweatshirt or occasionally something that used to be big on me. Mostly anything besides real maternity clothes.


I'm thankful that menus are planned, groceries are bought, laundry is done and the house is clean. I wish our house always looked the way it looks when we have a showing.


I'm so thankful for a great report at Kael's conferences. I could write a book on all the wonderful things I have to say about Kael's accomplishments and about how wonderful and understanding his teacher is but since I just wrote an entire post about it, I'll just leave it at this: 1) Kael is doing so well with reading comprehension that he is being moved to the "advanced" reading group namely because 2) Kael's teacher "gets" his autism and reaized that when the assessment method is altered (Kael reading to himself vs. teacher reading aloud) Kael is capable of a nearly perfect score on his reading tests.

I'd really like to say that I'm thankful it's barefoot weather, but it's a long ways away, folks.  I'm a barefoot kind of girl and honestly, I'm dying to bust out even some flip flops or sandals.  Just sayin'.

I'm thankful for this Crispy Southwest Chicken Wrap recipe. I had a some extra chicken and steak and some extra rice so I threw it all in and ended up making like 10 wraps which was AWESOME because Kent comes home a lot for lunch and it is wonderful having something ready for him. (I just wrapped them individually and froze them- to make sure they stay crispy when reheating them I just pop them in a skillet for a few minutes.) These things are a meal in themselves and so yummy and crispy!


I'm thankful no one at the library stared when I ran into pick up a book wearing my house slippers. Not just any slippers- big, fuzzy, bootlike white ones. I honestly didn't even realize I was wearing slippers instead of shoes until I walked in the door.

I'm thankful I finally got around to making a photo book for Kael for 2011.  I was not aware of the time committment involved when I decided to start making them. It took me the majority of the day yesterday and now I need to do one for KK.  Looking back at photos from last year sure brought back some great memories though!

Happy Thursday!

No comments: