4.23.2011

"Mom, Kylee broke my tooth"

Last night we were up in Collins celebrating Kent's mom's birthday. We were having a great time- just hanging out, eating pizza, etc. Later we went downstairs where they have an air hockey table, basketball hoop and pool table. Kael and Kylee were just kind of running around like they always do. Kael decided he wanted to play Zombie Tag (a Wii Party game that he has brought to our real lives) so he started walking around like a zombie. Kylee got scared and picked up the closest thing to her (a pool ball) and chucked it at Kael's face.





At first I didn't even realize what had happened because Kael didn't seem like he was hurt at all. (It is highly characteristic of kids on the autism spectrum to have a high pain tolerance- people think, "Oh, Kael's so tough!" but actually one time he totally sliced open his finger on something and came to me with a fistful of blood and all he said was, "Mom my hand feels funny.") Finally he showed me his chipped tooth was incredibly nonchalant about it. Of course it couldn't have been one of his loose teeth that got chipped!





So, that's how my weekend started. How's your weekend going?

No comments: