4.15.2011

I bet you didn't know....

If you made it though my mini-novel of a birthday post yesterday, congratulations! Here's your reward- a little light reading.

  • ...that yesteday I called Kent at work and was absentmindedly singing "Savior, he can move the mountains. My God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save..." while the phone was ringing. I didn't expect anyone to pick up on the first ring but sure enough his receptionist did. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for her to stifle a laugh.



  • ...I am trying this new blog layout partly because I am hoping it will help me figure out how to stop having blogger publish my thoughts as one giant paragraph and partly because it was Kael's birthday and he is in LOVE with the color orange.



  • ...I lose my cell phone several times a day. Kent was not impressed when he found it out in the backyard against the fence line the other day. What can I say? It must have flown out of my pocket when I was giving under doggies on the tree swing.



  • ...my favorite flowers are daffodils, lilacs and Easter lillies. Are Easter lillies different than regular lillies? I don't even know, but I was so happy when I spotted some in the store the other day.



  • ...Kael eats cake like he eats pizza. Top first (frosting or cheese), licks it completely clean, then goes for the bottom (cake, crust). It is insanely messy but I don't mind. It's kind of his trademark thing.



  • ...I don't iron Kent's shirts. It's not that I wouldn't, it's just that every time I do them, he re-irons them because I don't do it quite right. Especially the collar.



  • ...our kitchen table actually gathered dust over Spring Break this year. I don't think we sat down to a family dinner in almost 8 days, which is completely unlike us. We usually eat dinner at home together at least 5 times a week.



  • ...I prefer not to eat ice cream when it's cold out. Once summer hits, bring it on. Strawberry cheesecake or chocolate fudge brownie, thank you very much.



  • ...the other day I took Kylee shoe shopping with me and I'm pretty sure she has better taste then me. I needed some plain black peep-toe shoes and Kylee wandered all over the store in search of the perfect ones. She found them and refers to them as my peek-a-boo shoes.



  • ...I love to eat cold macaroni and cheese.



  • ...I froze some leftover chicken stock in ice cube trays and used them yesterday to make chicken and noodle soup. Thanks to whoever taught me that little trick- brilliant!



  • ...speaking of freezing, I froze the kids cereal, spoons and all, the night before April Fool's this year and they thought it was hilarious



  • ...my pregnant sister's blood pressure has been high and I am sure she is getting anxious for the baby to get here. Keep her in your thoughts today. I am excited to be an aunt but don't want the baby to arrive any sooner than necessary. :)
Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: