4.26.2011

Happiness Project

Week 3 of my Happiness Project is led me to focus on "enjoying it now". While I didn't start any crafty projects or redecorating, I did find myself trying to declutter the house a bit. My neighborhood is having a garage sale this weekend so that was my motivation to get rid of a few things. Maybe that will inspire me enough to get started on a few house projects I've been hoping to get to!





I'm reflecting on this idea of "enjoying it now" and I am so disappointed in myself to admit that there were several times in my kids' lives that I couldn't help but think, "Life will be so much easier when they are older!" (think: sleeping through the night, learning to walk, potty-training) and now that my kids are older, I wish all those things back. I would kill to hold Kylee's little fingers right now and help her toddle all around the house, all the while wearing holes in the knees of my jeans but now those same little fingers so independently wave good-bye to me at preschool drop off. I would give anything have Kael all cuddled up in blankets on my lap to rock to sleep at naptime but now he barely fits in my lap at all and rarely makes time to sit there.





I will continue to post randomly about my own little Happiness Project but for the time being I won't do weekly posts on a "theme". To wrap this up I thought I'd post some Happiness Commandments (some from the book that I liked, and some that are just my own).









  1. A place for everything and everything in its place.




  2. Something's gotta give




  3. Slow down.




  4. Cut people slack.




  5. Fair is not always equal.




  6. The days are long but the years are short.




  7. Do good, feel good.




  8. Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, it's not the end.




  9. Pay attention.




  10. Take care to appear happy and especially to be so.








No comments: