4.18.2011

Birthday

Did I mention I love birthdays? I was anticipating a fairly low-key birthday this year due to the fact we had already celebrated with my family (Latin King on Friday night- what a treat!) and Kent's family. I had also made Kent promise to not buy me a gift this year.





I couldn't have been more wrong- this one happened to be particularly a particularly special birthday and I'll tell you why...




Kent made this video for me. He is so talented! I have such a Good Life.








A good friend surprised me and stopped over with some puppy chow and a sweet card. It was the best puppy chow I'd ever had that I had to hide it from Kylee. People are so generous and thoughtful. Makes me want to pay it forward, ya know?





One of the moms of the kids I babysit brought me a pedicure gift card! Very unexpected and very appreciated.




One of my girls made me this adorable picture:











After seeing some of my FB pics of cakes/cupcakes I'd made for Kael, one of my cousins e-mailed me and said, "Happy Birthday! I hope you don't have to make your own cake!" Not to worry- Kent totally pulled through and brought me home a DQ ice cream cake complete with Snickers and a "Happy Birthday, Laura" on top. Mmmm.





Thanks to everyone for all the birthday cards, comments and wishes! I think 28's going to be a fantastic year. :)





The last couple weeks I've been doing a Happiness Project post on Tuesdays- I'm going to skip that this week in light of all of the birthday news/posts I've had. I'm still working on a list of gifts we got/thought about for Kael so hopefully I'll get that posted sometime in the near future, too.

No comments: