3.14.2011

Thankful Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday :)

(I really did start writing this on Thursday....)


I am so thankful Spring Break begins today! No school tomorrow, and no school all of next week. We don't have any big plans but I am looking forward to spending some time with the kids! And with the time change happening this weekend I am looking forward to some long, lazy days around home with the kids- maybe they'll even start sleeping in a little!



I am also thankful that when Kylee was napping I turned on the TV while I was doing some work and happened to find Giada making baby shower food on the Cooking Channel. Naturally (even though my work is long since completed) I'm going to continue watching it. I'm considering this to be research for the baby shower I'm throwing Mandy next month. I could also consider it to be an excuse to not go fold laundry or do dishes, but I prefer to call it research. It sounds much more productive.

I'm very thankful that wasn't my Christmas tree (yes, a real one- not fake) I spotted out on a curb this morning. Honestly people, it's MARCH! Are you really just getting around to taking that Christmas tree down?!



I'm thankful I have such wonderful in-laws. We had so much fun bowling with you guys! Kent bowled a career high 192 and the kids both got strikes. Does it get much better than that?!

Too cute.


Kylee can bowl all by herself (bumpers-yes, ramp- no).




Rear view.


Front view.




Kael loves bowling so very much. Add to that, his favorite song (he calls it "Secrets" from Sorcerer's Apprentice) was playing in the background. He was such a happy boy.





I'm thankful that my friend didn't mind that I invited myself along to pick up her wedding dress (with Kael and Kylee!). Since I can't post pictures of her in her dress yet (the big day isn't until July) I'll post a picture of her with my kids. Andrea- your dress is so perfect for you. I love it! We had so much fun hanging out with you all day!
I had told the kids they could each pick something fun to do over break- anything they wanted within reason and going to the dress shop was Kylee's pick and she loved it there! (Since we were going to do that anyways, I'm going to let her re-pick.) :)


I'm thankful we finally fit in our winter tradition of early morning pancakes and sausage ($1.25!) at McDonald's with my parents. This started a couple years ago when I was talking to my Dad about how the kids were waking up early and he said, "Well, the next time they're up early- call me and I'll meet you guys for breakfast!" So we did. What a fun thing to look forward to in the middle of winter! This year we probably didn't make it there until at least 7:30 but I'm pretty sure we've been there as early as 6:00 in past years.


This is a week where I just want time to stand still. I am so blessed to be able to stay home with my kids- I wouldn't trade these moments for anything in the world. Sometimes the days when you have nothing planned are the days that end up being the most memorable. I hope time stands still in your world today- even if just for a moment.

No comments: