3.20.2011

Spring Break II

I apologize that this preempts Spring Break I! I haven' t uploaded those pictures yet.

Yesterday, we headed here with the kids. I usually think that planning and packing can be half the fun of a vacation (even a mini-"vacation" like this one), but Kent had a great idea to completely surprise the kids. He kept the kids busy most of the morning while I packed up our stuff and made a few snacks (Crispix mix and my aunt Connie's White Chocolate Party Mix that is as delicious as it is addicting- LOVE it). We all loaded up in the van and told them, "We're just going for a drive." We had never been to this particular waterpark hotel before so even when we pulled in, they didn't realize what exactly the surprise was. As I was sitting in the lobby with them while Kent checked in, Kael had put the pieces together.


"Mom, do we get to stay here?"

"We sure do."

(a long pause, followed by a seriously worried look)

"But, did you pack my swim trunks?"

"Yes Kael, I've got them."



This was the look that followed. Oh, how I love surprises.







Can you believe how grown up he looks in that last picture? I don't have any good pictures of Kylee, mostly because she was too busy having fun to sit still for a picture! The kids are at really good ages to be going to waterparks- they're getting to be pretty good swimmers! Kael must have gone down those big slides a hundred times. Kylee had a lot of fun in the "pirate pool" going down all the smaller slides.

No comments: