3.25.2011

Oh Kylee

After storytime at the library this morning we headed to the checkout desk, where a lady with very short hair checked our books out. Very matter-of-factly and plenty loudly, Kylee asks, "So, are you a boy or a girl?". Oh Kylee.

We continued our errand fun with a stop at the bank. I had to drop something in the safe deposit box and Kylee was closely following and watching the banker who was helping us and said, "So is that the place where you keep the keys to the vault?". That girl does not miss a thing! Oh Kylee.

Next up was the grocery store. We just needed a few things, but the Starbucks gal was passing out free samples (peppermint again!) so I let Kylee have some. I asked her if she liked it, and with her mouth full, she replied, "Yes!". Naturally the peppermint mocha came running out of her mouth and all over her jacket because she forgot to swallow the drink before speaking. Oh Kylee.

On this snowy (ugh!) day, I decided we needed some flowers to brighten our house up. I absolutely LOVE daffodils- such a pretty sign of spring. Kylee hopped out of the shopping cart and went to pick out flowers (I had told her to choose whichever ones she wanted). She headed straight for the daffodils and very carefully picked out the prettiest ones. I said, "Oh, Kylee how did you know those were my favorites?" and she smiled a very proud smile. At home she helped me pick out some vases and thoughtfully arranged each daffodil and now every time I look at them I think of Kylee. I have always associated daffodils with happiness, but now I will forever associate them with my Kylee. I love that little girl so much.

No comments: