3.09.2011

Half Birthday

I have been sick for the last few days (Moms should not be allowed to be sick!!) which has left Kent to be in charge of meals. Such a trooper. The kids aren't complaining because it's been mostly pizza, burgers, and stuff like that. I'm finally starting to feel a tiny bit better so I resumed my cooking duties last night.


Kael notified me about a week ago that today would be Kent's half birthday. Honestly, I had no idea. But half birthdays are important for kindergarteners, and anyone who has a summer birthday I think. Well, it's a cold Tuesday in March and quite honestly, we all needed something to look forward to. So, Kent's half birthday was a good excuse! Happy 28 and a half birthday Kent!!!



In celebration, we grilled steaks. I also made Kent's favorites: frozen bread (the kind that just comes in a loaf and you let it rise, then bake it), bacon-topped baked beans, fresh strawberries and blueberries, baked potatoes, and these beautiful chocolate peanut butter parfaits. And yes, they do taste better out of fancy goblets.









No comments: