1.27.2011

Home Sweet Home

We had an amazing trip to Key Largo. We sure didn't miss the snow but we absolutely missed our kids! We had been talking about going on a trip for a long time and finally booked a trip. We didn't want to be gone for too long so a short flight to Florida seemed perfect....and it was. :)


I had myself so excited before the trip (and busy! I didn't realize how much I do in a day until I actually wrote out the kids' schedules. School drop-off and pick-up information and times, specials schedules, medicine amounts, contact information- I had pages and pages of notes! My mom handled it like a pro!) that I honestly hadn't had time to think about how much I'd miss the kids.
While we were in the Keys we were having a such great time so I didn't think have time to think about being away from Kael and Kylee. But on the flight home I said to Kent that I was so happy we weren't gone for much longer because I was starting to miss the kids. When we landed in Des Moines last night we were surprised and thrilled to see the kids waiting for us! Kylee took off running for us as soon as she spotted us and hugged me so tightly- her face absolutely beaming. I love that about Kylee- you will always know exactly where you stand with her. She says with her eyes what most people waste time putting into words. And when she feels something she is not afraid to show it. Anyone else at the airport last night witnessing our little reunion would have probably guessed that we hadn't seen the kids in months! Kael was in a great mood and seemed happy to see us. I know they had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa but it was a great feeling to see the kids were as excited to see us as we were to see them!



Top: Kent swears he had his "Best Restaurant Meal Ever" at The Old Tavernier Restaurant. It was seafood pasta- I don't even really like seafood and I have to admit that it was amazing! Middle: About to board a ship to go fishing out in the ocean. The fishing was fine but seeing all the fancy houses along the way was fun for me! Bottom: Paradise found


What I'm into today: home, the kids, and my wonderful husband for taking me on such a great trip. He knew I would come home relaxed and refreshed!


Oh, and Key Lime Pie. I'm definitely into Key Lime Pie. Preferably on the beach while watching the sunset like I am in the following picture. :) We stopped a couple times for pie while we were down there and picked up some mix to make a pie here at home. I can't wait to try it!


2 comments:

Jon & Jennifer said...

Sounds like you both had a great trip!

Laura said...

We really did! It's always nice to get away but equally nice to get home.