4.21.2024

Weekend Wrap-Up

 Wow it's been a fun few days!


Thursday my parents took me out for lunch for my birthday.  So lovely to catch up with them and enjoy this giant piece of chocolate cake! It was amazing.



I also stopped by a cute new little macaron place in town that was right by where we ate to get some treats to share. 


And that evening Kylee had a meet.  I volunteered at the concession stand but then just look at this awesome crowd out in the cold to support Kylee and be with me on my birthday! 



She PR'd in the open 800 in very chilly conditions so I was super happy for her.  She also looked great in the 4x400 and had the fastest split in her group!



Can't get enough of seeing her happy and chatting with friends after the race.



Goooo Kylee!


Love these two. He's always there for her.



Friday my mom and dad went to Augstana to watch Kael throw! I found out last minute he was going to be there and I wasn't able to go because Kent and I had a work event that evening I wouldn't be home for so I was super thankful my parents could go support him and also take him back to Pella so he didn't have to spend the whole weekend out of town. 

It was a windy day and there were lots of scratches but not Kael! He had a great day and was had the farthest throw of the Central guys for discus- yay Kael!



My parents and Kael sounded like they both genuinely enjoyed their time out for dinner and the ride back together so I'm really happy it all worked out. Meanwhile, Kent and I had his Regional Awards dinner and I couldn't be prouder of him. He works so hard and to see him announced up there with the Level 10s- just really impressive how he puts so much time into his business and still pours so much into family time. He's really something special and I'm thankful for the life he has provided us!


Kase had been out for dinner and hanging out with a friend that night and Kylee and her boyfriend went for ice cream then we all went to bed early because Kase had early games and Kylee had an early long run on Saturday morning.  Afterwards she went to watch her boyfriend's baseball games. Brr! These girlies tried to stay warm!



Kase's team went 2-0 on Saturday.  Just love watching these boys play. That night he had a couple buddies over and they played FortNite, sat in the hot tub, messed around in the Crew Lab (our baseball setup in the garage), sat in the hot tub and just had a nice chill night.  We grilled steaks and enjoyed chatting with the boys. 


Sunday morning we were back at it early and Kase played really well.  Threw a ton of strikes, ripped a huge triple (right as my sister and niece walked up so I told them they were his good luck charm!) and had a couple great plays in the field.  We lost both games today but still happy with the effort and attitude Kase puts forth and I know things will keep coming together for this team. 



This buddy was fired up.  He was the happiest, bounciest version of himself which is far and away my favorite version of Kase. 



He spent the afternoon at a friend's house and Kylee was at the mall with her friend. Kent and I went for a walk- it turned out to be a really nice day. Later we celebrated the April birthdays at Keith and Cindy's. Always so good to see the family and they are so good to my kids- fun and special gifts and genuinely happy to see them. Kase was SO tired- lucky Cindy had gotten him a personalized baseball blanket he wrapped up in and spent the afternoon lounging around in it! Kylee and I went to a meeting about a potential upcoming Peru trip so that was interesting and informative.  Kylee is definitely hoping to go! 


Got some big and very exciting news today that Kylee and her 4x800 team qualified for the Drake Relays! I'm SO happy for them and so very proud of her.  She just works so hard and I'm thrilled she's going to get such an amazing experience! Can't wait to watch her on Saturday! 

No comments: