4.27.2024

Happy Birthday, Kase!

 Kase is 12 years old today!


It's been a heck of a year for this buddy- transitioning to middle school was probably the biggest thing that changed in his life this year and although it hasn't been smooth sailing every day, he seems to be enjoying school WAY more than he did in fifth grade.  I think getting up and moving around classes during the day has really helped.


Kase has surrounded himself with a solid group of friends and I think there can always be change when go from elementary to middle school but most of his best buddies have remained close to him and I'm so thankful for the village he has.  He can almost always find a friend to play with around the neighborhood after school and that's when he's happiest.


Kase loves a rainy day, peanut butter/Nutella/banana toast, sleepovers, baseball, and owning nice shoes but almost never wearing them and keeping them in pristine condition on his shelves in his room. He hates being alone, falling asleep and homework and putting anything away in its correct spot- ha.


Kase is funny.  He's goofy and lighthearted.  He'll push your buttons then make you laugh. He's hard on himself but is always just one great hit or play away from turning it all around and being bouncy and fired up.  It's so fun watching this kid play ball- the energy he brings is just absolutely electric.  He's the first one to cheer for his friends when they're doing well and quick to try to pickup someone who's down on themselves. He encourages his teammates and also gives them advice when he thinks it can be helpful. 


Since it's baseball season, he and Kent spend a lot of time together but I just love these little pockets of time when it's just him and I.  "Mom- ride my electric scooter and we can race to Orange Leaf!" Then he laughs when I can't even figure out how to turn it on but is eager to show me how to do it. He's growing up right before my very eyes and I am just so thankful God gave this one to me. 


Kase, for all his talents and hard work, never brags.  He has broken record after record at his workout facility for the middle school age group and when he gets home, he never even tells me about them! I have to find out about it when his trainer posts to social media! Love that about him.  Humble.  Works hard in silence and lets his success be the noise. 


I'm so anxious to see where life takes Kase but I'm in no hurry for him to grow up.  Twelve year old Kase is pretty awesome and I'm cherishing every last moment of him being "little" but those moments are very few and far between lately.  


Happy birthday buddy! We love you so much and are so proud of the young man you are becoming. 

No comments: