4.02.2023

Weekend Wrap-Up

 Lots to write about!


Thursday Kylee had her first outdoor meet. She did the 4x800, open 800 and the 4x400! It was a beautiful night and she ran so well but most important looked happy and healthy.




Breaking it down with Coach Cog after the race.




Friday there was a whole flurry of activity.  Storms were rolling in, local schools were letting kids out early, tournaments were being rescheduled...Kent and Kase were supposed to go to Bettendorf but their games got pushed back to Saturday.  Once the weather was clear enough, Kylee and I headed to KC for a volleyball tournament! The boys went out for dinner and watched the Hawkeye women's basketball team upset the #1 seed! So they had a great night at home. Kylee and I got to KC in time to watch some of the game and for her to hang out with her teammates.



Saturday Kael worked then went for dinner with Keith and Cindy and Kent and Kase headed to Bettendorf for an indoor tournament!



They were so excited to play- our first tournament of the year and our first indoor tournament ever!



The boys tied both games on Saturday then had fun playing laser tag and doing the arcade together!




Love this group.



One of Kase's best buddies hit a walk off home run on Sunday! Kent and Clay are pretty tight so this was a special moment!



A little fooling around between games...



The boys won both games on Sunday, and Kase hit a HOME RUN!!!!! I am so thankful for my village- I had so many Crew moms and dads messaging me and sending me videos of the hit and the celebration and they were all just so genuinely happy for Kase.  I am so proud of that buddy!!!! I think it's going to be a great season. 


Meanwhile in KC, Kylee's team went 2-1 on Saturday then had time to "get cute" and go out for dinner and do a little photo shoot in downtown KC.  Aren't these girls beautiful?! Love them.



The mom squad is pretty fun too!



The team went 0-3 on Sunday.  Sounds pretty rough but we lost to last year's National Champs by only a few points- we were in a really tough division this tournament.  Her team will continue play in the silver bracket tomorrow but Kylee needed to get home to be in school so she could participate in track practice so she is eligible for meets this week.


She and I had a fun ride back home following the Crew and the Hawkeyes as we rode.  Got home, unpacked then realized we were staaaarrrrvvving so we went and got nachos at Sports Page. Fun night with my girl. 



Then, on a whim, we decided we needed ice cream and headed to the Creamery in Polk City and the Vogels were able to meet us up there with very short notice! It got chilly quickly but the cousins were happy to see each other for a few minutes!



Kael had a busy day- he volunteered for the Rocky Mountain fundraiser our youth group was doing at church, then he had a meeting for The Walk, then he had track practice, then he went to work! He is just so grown up and responsible and I couldn't be more proud of him.  He stayed here alone last night and imagine my surprise to get home and the laundry was all done and everything and the house was clean- he's just the best.  And he just texted me that he and a friend won trivia night at work so I was super happy for him! Love when things go well for all my kids.  A happy weekend for sure. 

The kids have ISASP tests tomorrow and I know they are going to be dragging a bit from a busy weekend but I hope they go ok- I know they all want to do their best. Another busy week of track and baseball and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Have a good one! 

No comments: