2.15.2021

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday after school Kase had several buddies stop by to play.  It was fun having a house full of boys.  One friend even said, "The gang's starting to all get back together again and it's awesome!" This is the usual after school football crew, but due to the weather and basketball/wrestling for some- it had been awhile since they had all played together.  Kylee had plans that night with a friend for a sleepover and Kent and I had dinner out with some Edward Jones friends. So nice to catch up with them and so thankful Keith and Cindy stopped by to hang out with the kids for a bit while we were gone!

And how about this Valentine's surprise for me from Kent?! I couldn't believe when he walked in the door Friday afternoon with these gorgeous pearls for me.  I've got a good one.

 

Saturday morning Kase had basketball and his team went 1-1.  Kase says he still loves it but I can tell we're getting towards the end of the season and I think everyone's excitement is starting to fade a bit.


Meanwhile, Kael and Kylee volunteered at the Junkyard Day of Love.  I'm so proud of them and so happy they love doing this every year! Kylee got to go to Blank Park Zoo with some friends to do some painting and Kael was at Habitat.  Both had a great time. 4


That afternoon Kylee had a volleyball team outing at Smash Park.  She had a good time!


That night Kael was staying over at a friend's house and we heard that Kellen and Krue were at Keith and Cindy's so we stopped by to see them for a few minutes.  Came home and watched a movie and all went to bed early.


Sunday morning we picked Kael up from a sleepover, picked up Dunkin' and drove around looking at a few properties.  Then we came home and I gave the kids their usual Valentine gifts- their photo books! They love looking through these each year.  


Sunday afternoon Kase had baseball camp. He had a great time! Kent stayed and watched the whole camp and had an equally great time.  Kylee had volleyball later that night and the rest of us had a nice lazy afternoon and evening at home.
 
Monday was a no school day.  The kids and I spent the morning playing ping pong and some board games then we decided to run a couple errands, pick up McDonald's for lunch then head to Get Air! I feel like we usually bring friends/cousins along for stuff like that but since we were already out and about and had gift cards to spend there, we just went and I think my three kids actually had a ton of fun playing together, just those three. When we got back to Ankeny Kase had a private hitting lesson then later in the night he had his first team baseball practice.  Nothing like jumping back into baseball season, full swing! See what I did there?!






Welp, I just found out it's a late start tomorrow due to super cold weather...so I guess the kids and I have a few more hours together in the morning! 

No comments: