1.16.2020

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for times when I surprise the kids.  Last Sunday after the had already gotten in pajamas, it started snowing again.  The snow plows hadn't come through at all and looking out our front yard and down the street in front of our house the snow was perfect.  Not a single footprint was on it and no cars had driven on it.  I said something to Kylee about it being so tempting to just go and run out there to make the first tracks so she asked if she could and I said yes.  She was in shorts but threw on her boots and coat and took off running down the street.  Kase joined her and it was just so cute.  The two of them running around under the street lights joyfully making the first tracks.

I'm thankful for impromptu family trips to Target on a Tuesday night.

I'm thankful that Kael doesn't mind when I don't let him drive to school when it's icy or snowy out.

I'm thankful for our Trail Point membership.  I haven't been able to run outside lately and being able to go to the gym has been great.

I'm thankful that Kase gets to have a basketball "scrimmage-ament" this weekend! First time I've ever heard that word but the club evidently says if we call it a "tournament" they have to charge for people to come watch.  Whatever, but I'm just excited to get to see him play a few more games!

I'm thankful for trips to plan and time to plan them. Traveling and making memories with my people is my very favorite thing to do.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: