1.01.2019

Thankful Thursday

I don't think anyone is really ready or thankful to go back to work or school.  It's been such a good break this year!

The kids have been playing with all their new stuff and wearing all their new clothes.  Kylee says it was her favorite Christmas ever!



She also had a sleepover with friends.


And a mini pizza and pedi party with another friend. They had the best time.



We've been playing a LOT of cards.



And LEGOS!

And Saturday night we took Keith out for a (very) belated birthday dinner at Johnny's! It was a special night. 


And he even shared his dessert!


Sunday, Kent and Kael went to the Vikings game! This was part of Kael's Christmas presents and he was so excited.


Kael was really excited to spend the whole day with Kent.  Kael worked on his DOT app, getting ready to take his Driver's Permit test in April!


And, of course, they stopped for pizza.  They also had stopped to visit my Grandpa Dean and pick up a few pictures for Kylee's school project she is interviewing him for.


They had so much fun at the game.  I knew they had good seats so I watched so closely for them on TV! Kylee thought she saw them.




What a memorable experience for them both!



Meanwhile, back at home, I took Kase and Kylee to Dairy Queen for lunch.  Kase had an upset stomach for several days and hadn't eaten hardly anything.  He did eat half of a blizzard though, so that's a win, I think?


And we had the cousins come play! It was great to catch up with my sisters and the kids all had a blast together.


Pizza party!




And a dance party to cap off the evening.  So fun.


NYE we had some friends come over for cards and ping pong.  Kase and Coop have been having the most fun together.


And Kylee was thrilled when she won the game!


Ping Pong got intense and so.much.fun.


We all even stayed up until midnight! I couldn't believe it.  A great night with great friends.

The following day we had some friends over to watch the Hawkeye bowl game.  I didn't get any pictures of the fun, but I did get a picture of the festive food and plates! The day was made even sweeter with a Hawkeye victory!


My crew is happy and tired and I'm sad that break feels like it went so fast this year.  I love spending time at home with my favorite people.  Feeling thankful that we have a short week ahead and looking forward to lots of January fun! A ski trip for Kael, volleyball tournaments for Kylee, basketball games for both the boys. It should be a great new year!

No comments: