5.14.2017

Weekend Wrap-Up

Oh friends, it feels like summer! The days are feeling longer, the kids are feeling that the end of school is near, and we are just squeezing so much fun into each and every day.  Also, the weather. Perfection!

Here's what we've been up to.  Kase has been hard at work practicing his songs for his end of year celebration for preschool that is happening this week! 

 N


Kylee's been hitting the trails with her running buddies.


Friday afternoon Kase invited a preschool friend to come over.  They had the best time playing together- I was so happy for Kase.



After he left, we spent the rest of the afternoon outside.  Kase has been having tons of fun in his sandbox lately.  Particularly while wearing his super hero outfits.


Which was perfect, because later that night we had a Mom/Son Superhero night at the library! My dear friend is in charge of planning these events and she just knocks it out of the park every time. 


Cap sighting!  (And Supergirl.  But Kase was mostly excited about Cap.)


A balloon sword made the night even more awesome.


My sister and Huston came too, so we had fun with them.



And Kase found his friend Will at the party! They were excited to take a goofy picture together.


Seriously, the super heroes were legit!


After the party, Tam, Huston, Kase and I took a walk around the pond, then Kase wanted to take more pictures at the library.  Kase and Huston had fun running ahead of us and hiding behind anything- then jumping out to scare us.


When we got back we went fishing! While Kase and I were at the party, Kent had taken Kylee bike shopping.  So she and her friend came to the park with us and rode bikes around all evening.  Kylee just LOVES her new bike!


And while we were doing that, Kael was at my mom and dad's making an early Mother's Day surprise for me!



He has this cupcake cookbook and once I told him that my favorite recipe in the book was for Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Swirl cupcakes. He remembered that and made them for me! He was so excited about the fancy presentation, too.  They were seriously amazing.  


Early the next morning Kylee got in on the super hero action.  


Then Kase had a tee ball game! He seemed kind of tired during it, but had some great hits! 


Post-game juice box and a shoulder ride from Coach Dad.


After the game we went fishing! Cindy had come down to see Kase's game, so she went fishing too. She and Kent both caught fish and so did all three of the kids! 




We enjoyed grilling out for lunch with Keith and Cindy, then spent the afternoon playing games outside, playing water balloons, and going for a bike ride.  Later that night we enjoyed dinner on the patio. It was a gorgeous night. 


On Mother's Day, Kael surprised me with breakfast in bed! He had set his alarm super early, but slept through it.  He was sos happy when he woke up around 6:00 and found out I was still in bed! He delivered all my favorites- Wheat Thins and Laughing Cow cheese, one of his cupcakes he'd made, and strawberry cheesecake yogurt. Kylee joined us and had made such a sweet and thoughtful card about "why she loves her mom". 


Kent brought up coffee and it was the most delightful morning.  (Kase was still asleep at this point- that's why he's not in the photo).




After lunch, Kael had a soccer game.  He had a great game and scored a goal! I'm so bummed I didn't get a good picture or video of him.  But I did get a picture of Kylee watching his game.


Later that evening was our annual Girls' Dinner Out! Kylee dressed up and even did her makeup.  She also picked out my outfit for the night, then we went for dinner with my mom, sisters and nieces.  It was a gorgeous night for a pre-dinner walk around the Sculpture Park downtown. We had a lovely dinner. 









Meanwhile, the boys enjoyed playing at Grandpa's and had dinner at McDonald's. They had a great time too! 




It was such a fun weekend and I'm so, so thankful for my kids and Kent and how special they made the day for me. 

No comments: