10.03.2016

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a fun-filled weekend!

Thursday night we had Kyle, Julia, Keith and Cindy over for dinner. 


My kids LOVE it when Kyle and Julia come to our house!




Friday after school Kael showed me these awards he had one.  So proud of him. It seems like so far, middle school has been going pretty well for him!




Also on Friday, Kael had his first school social.  I love this picture he sent me during it of himself playing dodgeball in the dark. He looks so happy.


Friday afternoon Kylee picked out some mums for us. She and I had fun on our little girls adventure- picking up Starbucks then heading to a little garden shop well off the beaten path.


When we got home she played outside with her friends. They were doing some hilarious hand-clapping games that totally brought me back to when I was in third grade.


Meanwhile, Kent, Kase and my Dad were out fishing! They had the best time.




When everyone got home, we loaded up and headed to the Jaguar football game! We were up 42-0 in the first quarter, so it wasn't much of a game, but we had fun with neighbors and friends.  Poor Kael though- he had a caramel apple sucker while we were there and bit it with his front teeth (the ones the got knocked out in third grade) and a piece of his tooth got stuck on the caramel! So we'll have to take him in today to get it fixed- he was such a trooper about the whole thing though.


Saturday morning Kent took Kase over to my dad and mom's to see the cement mixer.  They were having concrete poured under their deck.


He and Huston had fun playing together!


Back home, we watched the Iowa game.  It was not a great game and I have decided to no longer clear our schedule on Saturdays for those games.  Too many fun fall things to do besides sitting around watching our Hawkeyes lose.


Saturday night the kids stayed with Keith and Cindy and went to the drive-in movie theater.  They had a great time.  Kent and I went out for dinner for our anniversary- it was a great night! We made a couple stops at some fun places downtown, then ate at Baratta's.  It was so good.

Sunday, we went early to pick the kids up, then headed straight to the apple orchard, in hopes we would get there before it got too crazy busy! It was the most beautiful fall day! We all had a great time.

















Sunday afternoon we relaxed around here- Kase asked to watch Star Wars with Kent for the first time. Later Kael had a football game, then we ate dinner at my parent's house.

Another busy-ish week around here, but my October calendar looks MUCH better and less crazy than my September calendar.  Have a great week, all!

No comments: