10.29.2015

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful Kael is enjoying early band. He has to leave the house by 7:00 two days a week and he has such a great attitude about it. In fact, he's had a great attitude about everything lately. I love it.

I'm thankful Kent deals with all things insurance.  With his job change, there have been lots of phone calls, papers to sign, etc. I'm so glad he handles it.

I'm so glad Kylee is having fun at Circus Camp!





I'm thankful Kael let me borrow his sweatshirt when I went for a run last night. I took him to basketball practice and let him know that I'd be going for a quick run while he was there, then I'd be back to pick him up.  Here's how the conversation went:


Maybe you shouldn't go. 
I won't be gone long, Kael.
But Mom, it's pretty dark out." 
I know buddy. I'm going to run up at the soccer complex where it's lit. 
But you should have brought a flashlight.
I'll be fine.
It's pretty cold and windy tonight. 
You're right, Kael. I probably should have dressed warmer.
Here.  I'm not going to wear this. (Hands me his favorite sweatshirt).
Thanks, Kael. 

I love everything about this.  I love that he's cares where I'm going. I love that he's worried about me. I love that he's stepping into a protective role.  I love that he is so chivalrous to offer me his sweatshirt.  I love that he's grown up enough that his sweatshirts actually fit me.  And I love that I had a sweatshirt to wear because he was right- it was pretty cold out.  I'm so thankful for Kael's big heart.  
I'm thankful to be a stay at home mom.  The other day I came home from preschool- it was cold and gloomy so Kase and I made pumpkin bread and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and even got out the hot cocoa.  Kael and Kylee were so happy to come home to a warm snack waiting for them!



I'm thankful for a fun fall party with my little bat this morning.  I'm just loving being a part of preschool and so thankful to be there with him! 


I'm thankful for my friend who lent me her M and M costume!




I'm thankful for a heritage project that Kael is doing. He has the opportunity to interview my grandma and both she and he are loving this.  What a great way for them to spend time together and how interesting for him to learn about how things were for her growing up.  



Have a great weekend, all!

No comments: