8.20.2015

Thankful Thursday

I'm I'm thankful for our green pepper. We've had green beans like crazy in our garden all summer long and have been patiently waiting for our pepper plant to produce anything.  Finally!

I'm thankful Kase likes to go to Target in cowboy boots and a WWE belt. Honestly I'm just glad he was wearing a shirt!

I'm thankful for our annual trip to the Iowa State Fair.


Kylee thought this tenderloin was chicken.  When I told her the truth she decided she didn't like it as much as she thought she had. 

One of the kids' favorite things this year was the Most Unusual Vegetable table.

Kael and Kylee are too tall for the garden tunnel! They kept going through with Kase anyways, even though each time they came out they commented on how much their backs hurt from bending over!

This was the first time we'd tried these mini donuts.  YUM.






I'm thankful that my kids have recently discovered how much fun it is to play together, just the three of them, and get along super well.  I'm also thankful they've been sleeping in.  Just in time to go back to school in a few days.  ;)

I'm thankful for cool days that feel like fall! I made soup not once, but twice on Tuesday when it was cold and rainy.

I'm thankful for such a fun Adventureland day on Monday! The weather was perfect and the company was great!











I'm thankful for moments like these:

A couple nights ago I tucked Kael in, we talked for a few minutes, then I headed off to bed.  Shortly after, I heard him get down from his bunk bed.  He came in my room and said, "Can you come back in and talk to me? I was really enjoying spending time with you."

The next night, I went to tuck Kylee in and notice she was trying to hide the tears that were sneaking out the corners of her eyes.  She finally admitted, "Mom, I'm feeling badly about Kase.  A couple of the neighbor boys have been kind of leaving him out and I'm so worried about how that makes Kase feel."

My kids are growing up.  Big kids, with big feelings and big hearts.  I love them so.

Happy Thursday, everyone! Enjoy your last weekend before school starts!

2 comments:

Julia Shaffer said...

A good hit terrific apart from instructional prepare. Contemplated treasured the thing all over again. Thank you a large amount when it comes to write-up yet with us. Comprise applying at the same time.

Catherine J. Haygood said...

The best come to tremendous above and beyond instructional cook. Contemplated cherished one thing all over again. Thank you so much an abundance relating to write-up yet still with us.