2.04.2015

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful when Kase requests from the backseat to hear "Sam Smif."  Kid knows more pop music than anyone else his age, thanks to Kael.

I'm thankful for help painting the basement.  Wish I could snap my fingers and it would be done, though!

I'm thankful that Kase's 4:45 wake up call has turned into a 6:00 wake up call.

I'm thankful that we are (for the most part) healthy.  Seems like everyone around us is pretty miserable! Half of my babysitting kids have been sick, and pretty much all of my family has been sick. Hoping for a speedy recovery for everyone!

I'm thankful that when Kase is feeling a little under the weather, he's a magnet to me.  I'll take those cuddles all.day.long.

I'm thankful for the beautiful snowfalls we've had lately.

I'm thankful that I'm a stay at home mom because often Kase hates to wear clothes.  Mostly pants. Often he's running around the house half dressed.

I'm thankful for Kase's continued confidence in potty training.  I took him to the Indoor Playground the other day, and put a diaper on him, lest he have an accident at the top of one of those inflatables and I'd have to go rescue him.  He said, "Really, Mom? I have to wear a diaper? I don't wanna wear a diaper!"

I'm thankful for Kylee's friend who joined us for dinner the other night.  There are always lots of kids in and out of this house and Kylee gets along with all of them.  But it's really nice when she has a friend one-on-one.  They had a great afternoon sledding then playing in a fort inside.

I'm thankful that a simple blanket fort can entertain Kase all day long! We read books with flashlights inside and raced monster trucks on the top of it.

I'm thankful for Kael's confidence.  A few days ago, Kael walked over to a house nearby to join some boys playing basketball.  One kid told him he couldn't play.  Kael walked home, told me about it and I asked if he still wanted to play and we talked about how one mean kid shouldn't make Kael miss out on the fun.  Kael turned around, walked right back to that group of boys and joined the game.

I'm thankful for all the work Kent is putting into the basement.  Phone calls about cabinets, trim and lots of other stuff is pretty time consuming, in addition to the actual job he has.  

Have a great weekend guys!

No comments: