1.14.2015

10 years ago...

... we were having a celebratory dinner with my family and his. We were engaged!

... I had no idea I would say things to our children like, "Please don't eat the carpet on the stairs" and, "Next time, don't brush your teeth with gum in your mouth".

... I probably would have bet that we'd have three kids and be living in Ankeny.

... I knew there'd be sleepless nights ahead, but just not so.very.many sleepless nights ahead.

... I thought I knew it all.  I didn't.

... I hoped that someday I'd be able to stay home and raise our kids.

... I thought, "If we live here in this tiny apartment for the rest of our lives, I'll be happy, because I'm with you."

... I never dreamt we would be living in this beautiful house in this perfect location raising our happily ever after family.




I'm willing to bet there were some naysayers out there when you asked me and when I said yes.  But I'd say it again and again. And I wouldn't change anything about this life of ours.  #happilyeverafter

No comments: