9.02.2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

I love long weekends.  Really, really, really love long weekends.

Friday Kylee came home with news that she was the Main Event! I thought she would be super excited but she reported that she'd missed me all day at school and wished she had been home. :( Looks like it's going to take us awhile to get into a happy back to school routine.

My parents brought over pizza to celebrate, we played cards, and had a nice, relaxing family night.

Saturday morning, Kent helped my dad fix his bridge then we spent most of the day hanging around there.  Kylee had a Michael's gift card to use so she got some new Rainbow Looms and craft glitter.  We watched the Hawks (barely) pull off a win, then headed home for awhile.  Then we found out my cousins were going to be in town so we met up with them and my grandma and my parents and one of my sisters and her kids at Wig and Pen for dinner.  Then everyone came back to our house for a little bit.


Sunday Kylee had fun playing with my old Hot Loops.  Fellow kids of the '80s, tell me you had these and loved them!!! We also spent a little time boating and later played volleyball in the yard with neighbors. 


Monday we went to Bass Pro so Kent and my dad could stock up on some things for their upcoming Canada fishing trip. The kids had so much fun climbing on the boats and four wheelers.  Kael picked out the ones he's hoping to own when he gets older. :)  



While we were at Bass Pro, my parents bought a new tube/ski trainer so Kael and Kylee were anxious to give it a try! It was a fun afternoon boating. 



I try to promise Kent that I'll ski with him at least once a year and with the end of summer upon us, I figured this was one of the last weekends I could do it.  The water was rough but we did it!


Monday evening, Kent's parents stopped by and Kael had football practice before we tucked everyone in early to get ready for the day today.  

Back to the daily grind today.  Happy it's a short week.  How was your weekend?





No comments: