12.19.2013

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful, yet again, that Kent has a few days off this week.  It is so helpful having him around this time of year!

I'm thankful the kids didn't see the package that was put in our garage last night.  I ordered a gift for them a week or so ago, and yesterday afternoon I walk out to find it sitting in my garage.  ??? I am close enough with all my neighbors that if it had accidentally been delivered to them they would have let me know they were putting it in my garage.  I was home all afternoon and there was no knock or doorbell ring from a delivery man.  Is it normal for them to just put it in our garage with no notice? The garage door was open because the kids were coming home from school and they come through the garage since that's where our mudroom is.  Otherwise my garage is shut during the day.  Either way, I was kind of creeped out that someone was in my garage in the middle of the day without me knowing!

I'm thankful for holiday treats delivered my neighbors and friends.  My waistline is probably not so thankful.  Eh.  I'll start in January, right? #storyofmylife

Speaking of Story of my Life....I'm thankful for the crazy loud dance parties the kids have in Kael's room to that song.  Seriously we are all singing at the top of our lungs.  It's hilarious.

I'm thankful that the holiday celebration craziness has officially begun! Today is a party with the babysitting kids, tomorrow are the kids' school parties, Saturday is Christmas with my grandparents, Sunday is Christmas with Kent's grandparents.  I think I used to be overwhelmed with the sheer number of Christmases we celebrate but anymore, I LOVE it.  So much.

I'm thankful for unseasonably warm temps yesterday.  I like snow, but a warm, sunny day every now and then is just good for the soul.

Happy Thursday!


No comments: