1.31.2013

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for every successful diaper change I complete with a squirmy 9 month old.


I'm thankful Kent's home.

I'm thankful for a visit from my cousin and her two boys. Wish we got together more often!

I'm thankful for the grocery app Kent put on our phones.  You guys it is life changing.  We used to have this problem where Kent would say, "Laura we're out of fill in the blank".  I would nod as if I heard him.  Neither party would write it down, then when I would go grocery shopping a few days later and come home without that item, well, it went a little something like this:

"I told you we needed _____"

"Did you write it down?"

"No, but I told you!"

"How was I supposed to remember? If you need something, write it down!"

"Well I don't even know where you keep a list."

"Ughhh! Well I'm totally not going back for it.  So if you want it next time, write it down."

"Fine, where's the list?"

(Insert picture of me rolling my eyes.)

Now, friends, enter our grocery app.  If Kent realizes we're out of something, he just types it in on his phone and like magic, MAGIC I tell you, it pops up on the list on my phone.  The very same phone that I always have on me when I'm shopping.  So I don't even have to carry a handwritten list, which, by the way, Kase usually grabs out of my hands and tries to eat anyways. I can't even tell you how much I adore this app. I think it's called OurGroceries.

Moving on. :)

I'm thankful for a whole stash of baby stuff my mom brought me from Target the other day.  There was a deal where if you buy a billion diapers they give you a Target gift card, so Mom went ahead and bought me the billion diapers, a couple cans of Kase's crazy expensive formula AND gave me the gift cards.  Moms rock.  Well, mine does at least. :)  She knocks it out of the park really.

I'm thankful that while Kent was out of town I got to take Kael to his wrestling practice. No, that's not a joke and no, I'm not trying to be sarcastic.  Kent always takes Kael and I've never really gotten to see Kael in action and wrestling practice.  It was cool to see him there- just so happy, and  in his element.  It's fun watching your kids do something they love so much, right?

I'm thankful Super Bowl Sunday is upon us and I'm thankful that since I don't care much for either team this year I can shamelessly say I'm truly as excited for the snacks and commercials as I am the game.

I'm thankful that I have children of both genders.  Really I had no idea what a blessing that would be.  Kent has fun fake shaving with Kael. (Well, Kent is real shaving.  Kael is not.) And I get to do fun girl stuff with Kylee.  It's fun for me to be a mother of boys, too.  And to say Kent is crazy about his little girl would be an understatement. :) 


I'm thankful for snow days and playdates with neighbors.

Lots to be thankful for today.  How about you?

No comments: