1.24.2013

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful that Kael got invited to a birthday party this weekend.  I know that's not a big deal for some of your kids, but it is for Kael.  See, he has been invited to parties before, but really only parties of kids I babysit, or neighbors, or kids of moms that I'm friends with.  The party this weekend is a friend Kael made at school, someone who I didn't know first, someone I didn't try to forge a friendship with for Kael's sake.  A friend Kael made completely on his own.  I'm so excited for him.

I'm so thankful for the opportunity to volunteer at Kael's school.  Seeing his smile in the middle of the day is just so reassuring.  I'm so glad to know he's a happy kid at school.

I'm thankful I have some Chicken and Wild Rice soup simmering away in the crock pot for supper.  Soup is the only way to go when it is this freezing out!

I'm thankful that every breathing treatment we go through with Kase means we are one more step closer to being done with them.  He definitely doesn't love the mask.

I'm thankful for our loud, crazy, silly, happy home.  There is a whole passel of kids here every day after school and it is a chaotic, awesome thirty minutes.  The kids have all been coming here for the last six years and it never ceases to amaze me how well they get along, how much fun they have together and how creative they can be with the same, old stuff.

Short and sweet again.  Have a great weekend!





No comments: