11.12.2012

Weekend Wrap- Up

Weekends are coming and going waaay too quickly lately, no?

Kase wasn't feeling the best this weekend and Sunday afternoon his low grade temp got just high enough to make him super miserable.  It also made it so that I couldn't get much accomplished, but there's something so snuggly about sick babies that makes my lack of motivation to do anything else but snuggle completely excusable. So here's what we did do. 

I got to hang out with my sister Mandy and my favorite niece and nephew. Twice.  In one day.  How great is that??

Kent took Kael to his first Hawkeye game at Kinnick.  They had a great time! He photo journal-ed their day on Instagram...I couldn't be prouder. :)  Kael smiled this big in every single picture and while I know he was happy to watch the Hawks, what he's really smiling about is getting to spend the whole day with his dad. 



Kylee got the highly coveted treat basket at school on Friday and when I asked her what she wanted to bring she had her response ready: "heart-shaped brownies with frosting and colorful sprinkles".
Done and done. Baking with my best gal was the perfect way to spend a rainy weekend morning. Plus, when you cut a pan of brownies using heart-shaped cookie cutters there are tons of 'scraps' that need to be snacked on.  What a deal. :) 

I ordered my first Christmas present of the season which isn't saying much, but I divvied up lists for the grandmas which does require a bit of strategery. Also we finalized plans for five of our seven (count 'em!) family Christmases which is cause for celebration in itself.  

We turned our basement into a regular Skate North(west).  I have the best memories of roller skating with my sisters in our unfinished basement.  Kael and Kylee thought it was just as awesome as I used to. 



Got the cutest hat from Kent's mom for Kase.  Seriously you guys.  I walked to the mailbox at least twice today just in case some of the neighbors didn't see how cute he was the first time I went to check the mail. 


I dug into some spray paint and went crazy painting some old frames to better suit this house.  Now I just have to get some new pictures in them.  Poor Kase is highly under represented in family photos since we went nearly a full five years as a family of four.  I swear if someone would help me I would put a new picture up on this blog. But blogger keeps telling me I don't have enough space or something...???

And here it is Monday already! How was your weekend?

No comments: