10.11.2012

Thankful Thursday


I'm thankful for Kael's Fall Fitness Day at school last week that included a half hour walk around the neighborhood.  The walk fell during my volunteer time slot so I got to walk with him and his class.  So fun.



I'm thankful the line to pick up Color Run packets moved swiftly.



I'm thankful for a belated anniversary dinner out and that my fabulous in-laws were willing to be on kid duty for the night! No small task when it includes soccer pick up and drop off, school fundraiser night at BK and baths and bedtime for all three kids.  Whew.  Kent and I appreciated the night off.

I usually try not to do this on Thankful Thursday- I try to spin it to sound like something good...but this time I am just not thankful that Christmas stuff has been out for a full month already in all the retail stores.  Seriously when I was at Kohl's looking for an outfit for Kael's school pictures in mid-September, all the Christmas trees were out and fully decorated! It's a bit much, right? I heart Christmas.  So much.  But something about having it so inyourface for a full four months seems to detract a little from the true spirit of it all.


I'm thankful Kent joined in on the Instagram fun.  Find him as 1_of_the_kps.

I'm thankful Kylee hasn't seriously hurt herself learning to roller skate.  Yet.


I'm thankful that when a Cub Scout rang our doorbell shortly after 8:30 the other night, Kent didn't totally flip out on him.  See, we've had a string of ding dong ditchers around here, and when the doorbell rang at that time of the night Kent was certain it was them again.  He raced to the door, ready to chase after some *assumed* neighborhood hooligans, but was met with a cute kid and a rehearsed popcorn-selling-speech.  You seriously should have seen the look on Kent's face (and also how long it took his heart rate to return to normal. :)

I'm thankful that I had a fanny pack at The Color Run. I'm such a dork, you guys.


I'm thankful Kael pulled out his own tooth on Sunday.  That's #5 if you're keeping track.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: