9.13.2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful the sight of this roasted hog didn't turn Kylee into a vegetarian.  I had no doubt Kael could stomach it, but I was a little worried about Kylee.


I'm thankful that I'm writing this at 10:00 at night and even though I made (and ate) a perfectly healthful dinner tonight, as I write this I'm snacking on some taco dip and don't feel even a teeny bit guilty.  "You do know that's how Sumo wrestlers gain their weight, right? They eat a ton of junk then go to sleep?" Kent reminds me.  'Cause all wives love to be compared to Sumo wrestlers.

I'm thankful for people who responded to my desperation post the other day of how to get Kase to sleep better.  Between trying some of the tricks that people suggested and swapping some formula into his diet, we've had some much better nights around here.

I'm thankful that Kael won a race the other day in PE.  Any mom who says she isn't happy that her kid got first at something is lying. :) He doesn't have to be first all the time (he is, in fact, thrilled when one of his best buddies wins a race at football practice), but he got SUCH an ego boost the other day when the kids were running the half mile and he was done first!!

I'm really thankful that my old-man husband is getting some sleep (at least someone is around here!)  Evidently you turn 30 and start going to bed at 8:45. ;) That really happened.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: