7.06.2012

Fun Bully, and a little mess

We woke up this morning and had no plans until later this afternoon.  My fun-bullying ways kicked in immediately: we had to get out of the house and have some fun! We have a park tour to complete! So as I rushed around packing stuff up and getting Kase ready, I heard a faint call from downstairs, "Mom I don't know exactly how it happened.  I'm so sorry." It was Kylee.  With gum in her hair.  Not just a little.  Or not like, on the ends of her hair, but right smack in the middle of the length of her hair, right in the front.  Regular Laura would have lost it but I'm trying to be a bit more patient.  I took a deep breath and told Kylee to go sit in the kitchen until I could work on it.  I had heard peanut butter or ice can help get gum out of hair, but no such luck. She looked super excited. "Mom, are you going to have to cut my hair?" she said with a smile.  I laughed.  Only Kylee could be so excited about a lopsided haircut.  Snip snip.  Bye-bye gum.  She was psyched about her new (sorta) bangs.

So that's how the day started. On the list of fun things to do was use the free pizza coupons we had received when the kids completed their library reading logs.  So off to Godfather's we go. We had just ordered and sat down when Kase woke up, so I picked him up out of his carseat.  I sat him on my lap and he gave a huge smile.  Awww, I thought.  He loves me so. Well, that may be true, but that's not what he was smiling about.  He had pooped all over.  Somehow he managed to get absolutely NONE on his outfit but successfully got poop all down the front of me.  Now, I had been a pretty good sport about the gum in the hair this morning, but the poop was threatening to send me over the top.  Then a verse popped into my head from the Proverbs 31 book I've been reading, "She is clothed with strength and dignity.  She can laugh at the days to come". Well, I was clothed with baby poop.  Lots of it.  But I chose to laugh.  Ran to the bathroom to clean myself and Kase then rejoined the kids at the table.

Our weekend is off to a messy, but laughable start.  Yours?


No comments: