3.22.2011

Cookies

I like to cook. I read cooking magazines and watch cooking shows all the time (btw, can you imagine how happy I was when Kylee was taking a (very) rare nap one day and I happened to turn on the TV and caught Rachael Ray's new "Week in a Day"? Love it!).

Well, the other day Kent commented on some oatmeal cookies I made and he said, "These are the best cookies you've ever made!" I should have said, "Thank you honey" but I didn't. I kind of glared at him and said, "No, no there's no way those can be the best cookies I've ever made because those cookies happen to be from a bag mix." I frequently make homemade cookies- Kylee loves to help me do it- but the day I made those cookies I didn't have lots of time so I used a bag mix. And Kent declared them to be better than my usual homemade ones! Grrr.



Kid to the rescue: The other day a girlfriend told me, "My son told me you are quite the baker!" She said she had asked him what kinds of things I bake and he replied, "All kinds of things! Any type of cookies or anything you want! Miss Laura is the best baker in the whole world!" My heart smiled. And when Kent heard about it, he laughed. :) As a general rule, anything that has to be put in the oven by me gets burned. Even if I set the timer. I can't even make those crescent rolls from a tube without burning the bottoms of them. Evidently, my kiddos still think I'm wonderful which is all that matters to me.

No comments: