1.31.2011

Family Fun

Friday night we went out for dinner with Kent's family at El Azteca. I cannot express to you how happy I am that my kids loooooove Mexican food. Because you all know how much I love it. 9 out of 10 times if we're going out to eat- that's where we go. The waiters all know the kids by name. Kylee has been dazzling them with her Spanish for about as long as she has been able to speak and Kael has mastered his ordering, "queso grande por favor" which he usually asks for before we can even get seated!

Tammy and Rob came back to town this weekend and on Saturday morning the 5 girls (Kylee was not to be left out) went to Babies R Us to help Mandy pick out her crib and check out her registry. It was so fun looking at baby stuff again. I can't wait until May! The other day Kylee was asking Mandy about the baby in her tummy and then Kylee said, "What kind of shirt is she wearing in there?" Clearly Kylee is concerned about how this new cousin of hers will dress!

After shopping we headed back to Mom and Dad's for lunch and my Grandma and Grandpa were in town to celebrate my dad's birthday too. We spent the afternoon lounging around, watching movies, playing Wii-exactly the way a winter Saturday with family should be spent. We are so lucky to have our families so close by. Kael mostly spent the day with his "Best Buddy" Rob. Kael loves his Uncle Rob so much- luckily KC isn't very far away but I know Kael wishes we could see them much more often! (me too!)

Sunday I taught Kael's class at church and I am continually amazed at how much these kindergarteners "get it". All of the kids in my group had memorized their bible verses but more importantly they completely understood what it meant. Kael loves to tell Kylee "Keep doing what you should do so you don't miss out on something good" which is what we're talking about this month. The Prairie Ridge kids curriculum rocks!

Kent is wonderful- he spent the afternoon putting together Kylee's 200 piece doll house then taking the kids ice skating so I could enjoy some girl time. I spent the afternoon making Valentine cookies with one of my friends. I'm so disappointed in myself that I don't have pictures to share because they are beautiful! And yummy!



Here is Kylee enjoying her dollhouse. She told me she had to "fancy it up a little bit". Yes, she actually said that. So she covered it with stickers and painted it. Fancy Nancy's got nothin' on Kylee.

My favorite thing today: *Disclaimer: I really really really hesitate to admit this, let alone let it fall under the category of one of my favorite things. After fielding a barrage of cult-like "welcome" and "so glad you could finally join us" messages on Facebook, I have to say it is nice to be able to catch up with friends that I haven't seen in awhile. Notice, I did not say "spend hours a day reading profiles and looking at pictures of people I might not even talk to in real life". :) But I do like posting pictures of my own cute family!

No comments: