5.19.2024

Weekend Wrap-Up

Wow what a week/weekend it has been! First off it has just been so great having Kael home.  I'm really enjoying my time with him before the other two are out of school! Quality time for sure.


Kylee had a team meal on Wednesday night.  I am just so proud of these distance girls and thankful for them as teammates for Kylee.  Great group.

Kylee spent all day Thursday at State Track!

 

She hadn't been feeling 100%, it was hot, State is a very high pressure situation so I will admit to being nervous for her.  I knew she was ready, she was capable and I totally believed in her but for her sake I just hoped the race would go well.  AND IT DID!!!




These girls CRUSHED the school record by 8 seconds.  They hoped to place between 7th-10th and they got SIXTH! You guys.  I was just so, so happy for Kylee and her team I could cry.  I did cry, actually. 



So much hard work put in and to have the outcome be that great- just amazing!



Coach and alternates.


My Iowa Girl!!!!



Proud parents.


The south Ankeny high school placed as well and I love whoever thought of getting a picture of them together!



Happiness. 


Then her sweet boyfriend surprised her with flowers just minutes after she got home (and it was late!)



He's the best.



Whew.  After coming down off that excitement, Kylee headed back to State all day Friday and Saturday to cheer on her team! It was an excellent meet for the Jags! 


Friday night Kase and a buddy and his dad and Kent went to the Hawkeye game.  They had great seats and just had the best time. 






Signature by Brody Brecht!


Saturday Kase had baseball games.  Kael came to cheer him on for one of the games then went to work.  We went 1-1 on the day then I went to a comedian with my sisters! Love spending time with these two and the guy was hilarious!


Saturday night Kylee had a sleepover with friends.  Sunday Kael and I went to church- Kent and Kase slept in then had baseball.  It was a wild day but in the end, we went 2-0 and Kase pitched the entire (silver bracket) championship game and just did so, so well.  Love how these guys never gave up. 


Kylee had a grad party to go to, Kael went to the guitar store and did a couple other errands and then we just had a nice night at home.  We were all exhausted! Kase played with friends.  We grilled steaks and went for a walk with the bigs.  It was great!

No comments: