10.10.2012

Weekend Wrap- Up, Part I

I had full intentions of writing this days ago but mostly I'm just happy I can write about this last weekend before another one is here.  LOTS to write about and loads of pictures to share.  So, without further ado, here goes nothin'.  Due to time constraints it appears I'm going to have to write this in separate installments.  So, Part 1: Color Run!!!

Many months ago, Tammy sent me a message about the Color Run coming to DM.  She had seen/heard of it in KC and convinced me that we needed to get a group together to run it.  I'm so so glad we did.  I absolutely love when people get super-into something like this.  The music was awesome, the colors were crazy fun, and the costumes were hilarious.  Rumor on the street is that this was the biggest Color Run to date.  Way to rock it, Des Moines!!! I'm so happy Tam got the ball rolling and got us signed up for it- we had such a fun time! It truly was the Happiest 5K on the Planet. :)

Kylee got colorful to join the fun. 


Pre-race: so clean! And a little chilly. :)



A little mid-race fun. 

Post-race colorful!


A few of us accidentally forgot our color packets in the car for the Finish Party which turned out to be just fine. When we got back home, the kids helped us use them.  Kael had so much fun shooting color all over us and himself!


Did you have a colorful weekend?

No comments: